Ways to Help Us
… a forever home for abused,
neglected and abanded farm animals
Make a Donation
Since we are a non-profit organization, we rely greatly on volunteers to help us make a difference in the lives of our animals. There are many different areas where volunteers can help.
Freedom Farm Animal Sanctuary offers many volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
Here are some ways you may choose to help:
- participate in one of our monthly work days
- help us by transporting supplies like straw, hay, feed, and animals
- technical support (updating website, etc.)
- fundraising and/or grant writing
- delivering vegetable scraps and produce
- constructing animal habitats and shelters
- staffing public outreach booths
- social media marketing
All volunteers must:
- Be prompt, dependable, and at least 16 years of age. If younger than 13, they can volunteer if accompanied by an adult.
- Be prepared and willing to get dirty and perform tasks that are a required part of animal care like cleaning stalls and pens, sweeping, scrubbing and picking up poop. No open toe shoes.
- We require people to wear long pants (no shorts or capris), boots/closed toe work type shoes (boots are recommended). This is mandatory for safety reasons and if anyone arrives with short pants and/or open toed shoes, they will not be able to participate in the work day.
- We supply work gloves and all the tools. Work days may be cancelled in the event of bad weather.
- Although we have plenty of cold drinks, we do request any food you wish to eat at FFAS be brought in a cooler bag or re-usable lunch bag and does not require refrigeration or heating.
- If your group would like to bring an offering for the sanctuary, we are happily able to accept fresh produce for the animals. Popular items: apples, carrots, melons (watermelon, cantaloupe), greens (spinach, chard, lettuce, kale), grapes, cucumber, zucchini, berries (strawberries, blueberries), bananas. Please, no mango, eggplant, citrus, potatoes, beets, or mushrooms. We ask that food be brought in whole as we have volunteers who chop it as needed for meals.
- Complete the Volunteer Application below.
- Sign a waiver relieving FFAS of any liability in the case of injury or illness. Click HERE for the waiver form.